Rice Stick Noodles with Stir Fried Vegetables and Tofu


Though I am fond of Indian cuisine ( I would prefer Indian to any other cuisine , anyday ), I do get a craving for something Oriental or European. And going to a restaurant to satisfy my cravings isn’t a solution most of the time. First cause good Chinese or Italian restaurants are quite expensive and my given my mood swings, I get the cravings at such ungodly hours that visiting a restaurant almost always stay out of question.



So to appease my hunger, rather specific hunger for specific flavour I do try my hands on noodles, pasta, gnocchi, soups etc etc. And I must say with pride, though not many, I have mastered some of the dishes that I regularly make.
Rice Stick Noodles with stir fired vegetables and Tofu is one of the dishes that I love so much. It’s one of the comfort foods that bring in the soothing hint of sweetness of rice along with the crunchy, sweet and sour bite of vegetables. Ah! Just writing about it makes me long for it now!!!
Hope you would like it as much as I did.

Ingredients
Rice Stick noodles ( you can use any ordinary noodles as substitute )
200 gms Firm Tofu ( if tofu is not available use paneer )
1 cup of chopped seasonal vegetables like carrots, bell peppers and cauliflowers
1 Tomato cut length wise
½ cup chopped spring onions
1 inch ginger chopped
4 pods of garlic chopped
2-3 green chillies slit length wise
2 tbs of red wine vinegar
1 tbs of Soy Sauce
1 tbs of roasted sesame seeds
Salt
Pepper
Chopped Coriander leaves
Oil

Process
Put water to boil in a pot. Add 1 tbs of red wine vinegar and 1 tsp of oil to it.
Take Rice stick noodles for one serving and put it in the boiling water. It would take around 10 minutes for the noodles to be ready. Keep swirling the noodles occasionally so that they don’t stick to each other.
While the noodles cook, cut the tofu into small cubes and shallow fry them till it gets light golden all around.
In another pan, heat 1 tbs of oil. Add chopped ginger, garlic and chillies to it and stir fry they till you get the aroma of burnt ginger and garlic.
Add the remaining vinegar and Soy Sauce and give it a brisk stir.
Add the spring onions followed by the chopped vegetables and tomatoes. Stir well and cover the pan and let the vegetables cook for 5-10 min on high flame.
Add the Tofu, Noodles. Season with salt and pepper and give everything a good mix.
Sprinkle the freshly roasted sesame seeds and coriander leaves all over and serve hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment